Recipe by Chef Buggsy Mate
If you love blue cheese topped steaks then you must give these burgers a try. Imagine how surprised your guests will be when they bite into these very flavorful burgers. Note: Blue cheese filling can also be used to top grilled steaks.
Top Review by weekend cooker
Other than using regular ground beef, made recipe as posted. The flavors were great and outstanding. Made recipe as written, had mine plain and the rest put the works (lettuce, tomato, etc) on theirs. The neighbors were complimenting these as the caught the aroma on the grill as they were outside that day too. Gave them the recipe too for future use. Made for Recipe Swap 44.
- 4 hamburger buns (we like onion rolls)
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
Blue Cheese Filling
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 4 teaspoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 dash pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix minced garlic, slat and fresh parsley into ground beef. Form beef into eight patties. and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine all filling ingredients and blend well.
- Spoon filling evenly on top of four of the burgers.
- Top with additional patties and pinch edges to seal.
- Grill patties until done.
- Place on buns and enjoy.
- Note: We usually top these burgers with a simple slice of onion, tomato and lettuce. A good grainy mustard goes well as does sauted mushrooms.