Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are quite delicious. You need to have chops at least 1 inch in thickness. You can also a use a frenched rack of pork. I have made it with two thin chops toothpicked together but the presentation is not as nice. My family really liked these, and they are quite presentable for company. Also they are fairly simple to make.
- 4 thick pork rib chops, 1 inch thick (you can use boneless loin chops)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh French bread, cubed into fairly small pieces
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 shallots, finely minced or 2 tablespoons onions
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage, minced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled gorgonzola (you can use Roquefort or any blue cheese that you like)
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth (or homemade stock)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 -3 tablespoons crumbled gorgonzola (you can use Roquefort or any blue cheese that you like)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt 1 Tbsp butter in cast iron or oven proof heavy skillet.
- Add bread and sauté till golden and crisped (about 10 min) remove and place in medium sized bowl.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in skillet.
- Add mushrooms, shallot, herbs and garlic. and sauté until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add 2 tbsp chicken stock. mix in well.
- Allow mixture to cool.
- Mix in cheese when cooled. Adjust seasoning with salt & pepper.
- Cut each chop horizontally in half to bone or almost in half if using boneless chops.
- Divide stuffing mixture evenly in four and insert into pocket closing with tooth picks if necessary.
- Season chops with salt & pepper.
- Add olive oil to skillet and brown chops for 2 minutes on each side.
- Cover with lid or foil and bake until cooked, about 25 minutes.
- Remove chops to platter and let rest covered with foil.
- Add wine to skillet and deglaze. Cook till reduced to a tbsp or two.
- Add chicken stock and cook a minute or two.
- Add cream and heat through.
- Add crumbled cheese and heat gently till melted.
- Check for salt & pepper seasoning.
- Pour over mashed potatoes and serve with chops.