These are quite delicious. You need to have chops at least 1 inch in thickness. You can also a use a frenched rack of pork. I have made it with two thin chops toothpicked together but the presentation is not as nice. My family really liked these, and they are quite presentable for company. Also they are fairly simple to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 thick pork rib chops, 1 inch thick (you can use boneless loin chops)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups fresh French bread, cubed into fairly small pieces
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 shallots, finely minced or 2 tablespoons onions
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage, minced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola (you can use Roquefort or any blue cheese that you like)
- salt & pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Melt 1 Tbsp butter in cast iron or oven proof heavy skillet.
- 3Add bread and sauté till golden and crisped (about 10 min) remove and place in medium sized bowl.
- 4Melt 1 tbsp butter in skillet.
- 5Add mushrooms, shallot, herbs and garlic. and sauté until soft (about 5 minutes).
- 6Add 2 tbsp chicken stock. mix in well.
- 7Allow mixture to cool.
- 8Mix in cheese when cooled. Adjust seasoning with salt & pepper.
- 9Cut each chop horizontally in half to bone or almost in half if using boneless chops.
- 10Divide stuffing mixture evenly in four and insert into pocket closing with tooth picks if necessary.
- 11Season chops with salt & pepper.
- 12Add olive oil to skillet and brown chops for 2 minutes on each side.
- 13Cover with lid or foil and bake until cooked, about 25 minutes.
- 15Remove chops to platter and let rest covered with foil.
- 16Add wine to skillet and deglaze. Cook till reduced to a tbsp or two.
- 17Add chicken stock and cook a minute or two.
- 18Add cream and heat through.
- 19Add crumbled cheese and heat gently till melted.
- 20Check for salt & pepper seasoning.
- 21Pour over mashed potatoes and serve with chops.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blue Cheese Stuffed Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (691 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 635.4
- Calories from Fat 372
- Total Fat 41.3 g
- Saturated Fat 19.9 g
- Cholesterol 130.8 mg
- Sodium 702.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 30.7 g