Yet another recipe from the local paper that I want to try ... some day. I did try this recently and we all really liked it. Next time I think I'll place a small amount of blue cheese on top of the chicken when it comes out of the oven and is served. The cheese/butter mixture melts during cooking and even though the flavor is wonderful, everyone said more cheese on top would be nice. Also, I think the little bit of sauce that there is, would be nice thickened and spooned over the chicken too. Let me know what you think.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Combine 1 tablespoons butter, thyme, and blue cheese in small bowl until blended. Season with salt & pepper and set aside.
- Cut a horizontal line in the thickest side of each chicken breast to form a pocket, but not cutting all the way through.
- Stuff blue cheese mixture into pocket with small spoon.
- Place chicken in a baking dish. Season with salt & pepper. Bake 15 minutes, uncovered.
- Meanwhile melt remaining 1 tablespoons butter; stir in lemon juice and paprika. Turn chicken, brush with lemon mixture and bake additional 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (use thermometer in unstuffed area).