Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This uses cooked frozen shrimp. Not sure where I got this recipe.
- 3⁄4 lb frozen cooked shrimp, defrosted
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- black pepper, freshly ground
- cayenne pepper
- 8 small lettuce leaves
- fresh parsley, chopped, to garnish (optional)
For the dressing
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream or 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- Place defrosted shrimp in a flat Pyrex-style dish.
- Heat the juice from a half lemon in a small pan and add the bouillon and dissolve.
- Pour the lemon bouillon over the shrimp and sprinkle the black pepper and cayenne pepper over the shrimp, to taste; toss well and chill about 30 minutes.
- Make the dressing by combing all the dressing ingredients in a bowl; mix well and chill as well, about 30 minutes.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves in 4 old-fashioned champagne style cups or sherbet glasses so that they line the sides of the glass.
- Drain the shrimp and mix gently with the dressing.
- Place the coated shrimp in the lettuce lined cups and serve garnished with chopped parsley if you like.