Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Amy Hull, Home Instead Senior Care
- 1 (10 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- 1⁄3 lb blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 (6 ounce) can walnut halves, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup, warmed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Place spinach on a large platter.
- Top with blue cheese and walnuts.
- Warm maple syrup in a small saucepan.
- pour vinegar into a small bowl.
- Whisk oil into vinegar in a slow stream.
- Whisk maple syrup into dressing in a slow stream.
- pour dressing down over the salad platter and serve.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Ohhhhh okay, I see you hiding behind the lettuce. Come on out...c'mon...(just making sure you're listening). Best salad I made in a long, long time.
I believe this is a Rachael Ray recipe because I found it on Food Network. Whose ever it is, it is fantastic! The dressing is to die for. Who would have ever guessed maple syrup would work in a salad dressing?
Made this last night and oh my gosh!! Totally loved it perfectly sweet with a little twang. Thanks so much for posting this it will now be a salad I make often!!