Recipe by Helping Hands
My husband and I love blue cheese dressing and I modeled this salad on a Blue Cheese and Tomato Salad that we were once served in a resturant. We love it! You can also use bottled Chunky Blue Cheese Salad Dressing, but this homemade dressing is better!
- 1 head iceberg lettuce or 1 -2 package pre-washed pre-torn iceberg lettuce
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced into rings
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- garlic salt
- 4 ounces crumpled blue cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together blue cheese, sour cream, and vinegar until well blended.
- Add more vinegar, as needed, until desired consistency.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Tear lettuce or pour pre-washed, pre-torn lettuce into a salad bowl Add red onion rings, cherry tomatos, and cucumber slices Add garlic salt and pepper to taste Add Blue Cheese Dressing and toss well.