Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Every Day with Rachael Ray November-December 2005
Make and share this BLTs With Avocado and Spicy Mayo recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus more for sprinkling
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 (12 ounce) package center-cut bacon
- 8 slices , hearty white farmhouse bread
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 8 lettuce leaves, torn into pieces
- 8 dill pickle spears
- Chop the crushed garlic with the salt and press it with the side of the knife until mashed. Scrape the garlic into a small bowl and stir in the chili powder, 2 tablespoons of lime juice and the mayonnaise.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon in 2 batches until crisp. Pour off the fat between each batch. Drain the bacon on paper towels.
- While the bacon cooks, toast the bread. Slice the avocado and sprinkle the slices with a few drops of the lime juice.
- Spread 1 side of each piece of toast with the spicy mayo. Arrange the avocado slices on 4 of the toasts, pressing them firmly against the mayo. Arrange the bacon, tomatoes and lettuce on the avocado slices. Top the sandwiches with the remaining toast. Cut the sandwiches in half on the diagonal and serve with the dill pickle spears.
Oh my this is life changing. I use sriracha (sp) that thai chili sauce instead of chili powder its got a kick to it.
Yummo! I used veggie bacon and scaled the recipe back for one. Thanks! Made for the Iron Chef game.