Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is so easy and good. I got this recipe years ago from a magazine. I want to say it was Sunset, but not sure now. If you like Caesar salad, this is quick to make and tastes great.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Tabasco sauce
- In blender add egg, cheese, lemon juice, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, tabasco, salt and pepper.
- Blend until combined.
- Remove top and with blender on, on lowest speed, gradually add oil in thin stream until thick and creamy.
- Pour into jar, cover and refrigerate 1 hours or up to 5 days. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes before serving.
Where is the mustard? I added 1.5 tsp whole mustard and 1/2 tsp dry, plus total juice of 1.4 lemons with pulp. Oh, also added 2.5 filets anchovy, instead of salt and including one minced into the lettuce. It was good but really needed the kick the mustard gave it.
Just a little tweaking, no measuring and added anchovy paste, and it turned out great. Only problem was I ate too much.
This was a nice alternative to my regular recipe for Caesar dressing. I added anchovy paste, and next time would not add the salt.