Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Seasoned, grilled flat iron steak is thinly sliced and served atop a romaine salad studded with roasted red peppers and feta cheese.
- 1 (8 ounce) skirt steaks or 1 (8 ounce) flank steaks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dry blackening seasoning
- 1 (9 ounce) packagedole classic romaine mixed salad greens
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced roasted red peppers
- 1 cup dole frozen mixed berries, partially thawed
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Brush steak with olive oil and sprinkle with blackening seasoning. Grill or broil to desired doneness. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into thin slices.
- Combine romaine, tomatoes, red onion, olives and roasted red pepper in large bowl; toss well.
- Divide salad mixture on 2 large plates. Top each with sliced cooked steak. Drizzle with BERRY VINAIGRETTE, to taste, and sprinkle with feta cheese. Refrigerate any remaining dressing.
- BERRY VINAIGRETTE:.
- Combine 1 cup DOLE Frozen Mixed Berries, partially thawed, 1/2 cup olive oil, 3 tablespoons rice vinegar, salt and ground black pepper, to taste in blender container. Cover; blend until smooth. Makes about 1 cup.