Seasoned, grilled flat iron steak is thinly sliced and served atop a romaine salad studded with roasted red peppers and feta cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) skirt steaks or 1 (8 ounce) flank steaks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dry blackening seasoning
- 1 (9 ounce) package dole classic romaine mixed salad greens
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced roasted red peppers
- 1Brush steak with olive oil and sprinkle with blackening seasoning. Grill or broil to desired doneness. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into thin slices.
- 2Combine romaine, tomatoes, red onion, olives and roasted red pepper in large bowl; toss well.
- 3Divide salad mixture on 2 large plates. Top each with sliced cooked steak. Drizzle with BERRY VINAIGRETTE, to taste, and sprinkle with feta cheese. Refrigerate any remaining dressing.
- 4BERRY VINAIGRETTE:.
- 5Combine 1 cup DOLE Frozen Mixed Berries, partially thawed, 1/2 cup olive oil, 3 tablespoons rice vinegar, salt and ground black pepper, to taste in blender container. Cover; blend until smooth. Makes about 1 cup.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blackened Steak Salad With Berry Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 761.3
- Calories from Fat 648
- Total Fat 72.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 73.8 mg
- Sodium 321.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 24.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed salad greens
frozen mixed berries