Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
- Process blackberries in a blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Pour through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a medium saucepan, discarding solids.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Boil, stirring occasionally, 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; cool.
- Serve with cobbler, pound cake, fruit, pancakes, or ice cream.
Tased good, but not quite sure what went wrong. This turned into a jam vs a syrup.
We have a bumper crop of blackberries this year so decided to try out some syrup for our pancakes. This was FANTASTIC! i actually was low on sugar so only had a cup to put in, but it didn't affect the syrup at all. We had it on our pancakes, refrigerated the leftovers, and found that it "gelled" to a jelly consistency. I'm sure it could be reheated for syrup, but it was great as blackberry jelly on our toast the next day. Thanks!
I've been making this recipe a few years, but I'm finally taking the time to review it. What can I say other then it's fantastic and easy. It keeps well in the fridge, too.