Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
If you freeze berries this is a great way to have that just picked goodness in the dead of winter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 beaten egg
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup frozen blackberrie (frozen, they're easier to work with)
- Mix together dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Toss blackberries in dry ingredients til flour coated.
- Mix together liquid ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix just til moist.
- Spoon batter into jumbo muffin cups (ungreased).
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes .
I couldn't wait to try these. When it posted, I was looking for a new muffin recipe anyway. There were NONE left. Mmmm Mmmm GOOD!!!
after all the rave reviews I was so very disappointed. I found these muffins dry, crumbly, and the taste was very unappealing.
I made these last night and again after work this afternoon. Awesome muffins even with my errors :1st time- using all white flour, very thick batter, and 2nd time forgetting to add the second scoop of sugar. Third time should be the charm with a little more liquid and the right amount of sugar. I also added a lemon glaze to the tops while they were warm (1/2 C powdered sugar 1TBS lemon juice) Oh yeah, I made them as blackberry/blueberry - 12 regular muffins