Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Any fruit flavored herbal tea bags would work in this. Prep time includes chilling. DO NOT USE BLACK TEA! Herbal tea only. (thanks, Ladypit, for this warning!)
- 6 cups water
- 12 herbal tea bags, blackberry
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3-inch long)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 cup Splenda sweetened cranberry juice
- Splenda sugar substitute, to taste
- ice, Crushed (as needed)
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- Heat water in a large saucepan to just before boiling. Add tea bags, cinnamon sticks and ginger.
- Remove from heat, cover and let steep for about 15 minutes.
- Add cranberry juice and sweetener to taste. Strain tea into a pitcher. Cover and chill overnight.
- Freeze glasses prior to serving. Pour tea over crushed ice and serve garnished with cinnamon sticks.
This is a WONDERFUL REFRESHING drink! I used two 1 quart Bigelow red raspberry tea bags. I strained it before adding the juice and Splenda. I used 15 packets of Splenda for a nice sweet flavor. The tea was the dominent flavor with undertones of everything else. I think next time I'll boil the cinnamon sticks and ginger for 10 minutes, turn off the heat and then add the tea bags.
This really hit the spot today. So refreshing! All the flavors compliment each other so well. As another reviewer suggested, I think I'll boil the cinnamon and ginger a little while next time, just to get a little more flavor out of each.I didn't have any blackberry tea, so I used mixed berry zinger and didn't use any sweetener, the juice was sweet enough. Thanks for posting this recipe, I'll be making it again.
Where I live, we have four seasons: almost summer, summer, deep summer and just this side of hell. Refreshing!