Blackberry & Orange Iced Tea
This pretty iced tea is bright and colorful, just perfect for serving to company. The refreshing iced tea is tart and fruity and very flavorful. Please note that chilling time is not included in prep time.
- Ready In:
- 3 jasmine tea bags
- 4 cups water, cold
- 1 1⁄4 cups blackberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice, fresh squeezed
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄3 cup sugar, white (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup water, cold
- 1 tablespoon orange juice, for rimming glass
- 1 tablespoon sugar, for rimming glass
- 4 orange slices (garnish)
- 4 mint sprigs (garnish)
- 20 ice cubes (mixture of orange juice ice cubes and water & orange slice & blackberry ice cubes)
- Ice Cubes - For flavored ice cubes - freeze orange juice in ice cube trays.
- For the orange slices/blackberries ice cubes - place half a slice of orange and two blackberries in ice cube tray and fill with water -- freeze and store in plastic bag until ready to use.
- Steep teabags in 4 cups of boiling water for 3 - 4 minutes, then discard the teabags. Place tea on counter to cool.
- Don't allow tea to over steep, it will result in a bitter tea.
- In large pot, bring blackberries, juice, sugar and 1/2 cup water to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally until the blackberries break down.
- Next add the berry mixture to the tea. Allow the hot tea to cool on the counter before putting into the fridge to prevent clouding in your tea.
- Once tea has cooled put in fridge to chill for 4 hours.
- Strain tea mixture and serve in a ice cube filled glass that you have rimmed with orange juice and dipped in sugar.
- Garnish with orange slice and mint. Close your eyes, sit back on the deck and enjoy.
- Iced tea taste best when it is freshly made and will last for two or three days.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Since I like iced tea, I don't often care how cold it is outside! Even made some of the fancy ice cubes just to see how that would work out, & I tell you, I really enjoyed the nice fruity taste of this tea! With the indicated ice cubes & the treatment of the serving glasses (which I didn't do this time around!), it'd be fit for serving very special company! Thanks for a great keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Beverage Tag]