Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is the pie that captured my DH's heart! This is a great recipe that uses only 1 pie crust. I recommend using a deep dish pie crust to minimize spill overs. *Pls note that the first time flour listed in the ingredients, it should be 1/3 cup flour as listed in the directions. I've tried editing this several times and it won't change.
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells, unbaked
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 cups blackberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place berries into the pie shell.
- Beat the 2 eggs together, then add the sour cream, 1 cup of sugar, 1/3 cup of flour. Pour over the berries.
- Combine the butter, 1/2 cup of sugar, and the 1/2 cup of flour to make a crumble topping. Sprinkle crumble onto the top of the pie.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes.
This was simply scrumptious! I used berries that I had picked and frozen last year. I didn't have a deep dish pie crust, so had to cut down the ingredients a bit. I wasn't sure how the pie would turn out having to do this, but it was perfect. Will definitely be making this again.
I have never made a custard pie before and this was delicious and came out the perfect consistency . I made no changes. Will make this again and again. I wonder if it will work with peaches or blueberries, raspberries, maybe even pears. Thanks for sharing this scrumptious recipe!
I don't normally have good luck with baking deserts, but this was very easy and very good! I was hoping to find a great recipe for our blackberries and stuck gold with this dish. We ate it warm with vanilla ice cream. YUM! Thanks so much for listing this.