Spinach Cheddar Pie
- Ready In:
- 1 -2 pie crust
- 4 eggs
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen spinach, thawed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 large onion, grated
- 1 zucchini or 1 yellow squash, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs, bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- Pre-bake Recipe #20984, or other crust in a pie pan for about 10 minutes at 350°F.
- Squeeze all moisture out of frozen spinach, and combine with cheddar, grated onion, shredded zucchini or squash, bread crumbs and seasonings.
- Remove crust and add filling ingredients. If desired, add a top crust and poke holes in top to allow moisture out. If using top crust you may want to use a light egg wash (beaten egg or egg white) and lightly coat the top of the pie with a brush.
- Bake pie in oven for about 40 minutes or until top crust is golden and filling is set and cooked through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a chemistry grad student with a passion for cooking in my spare time. I'm not vegetarian, but have been and love to explore ways to take typical recipes and make them vegetarian.