Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Unusual way to serve green beans. The tapenade recipe makes more than you will need. Store the remaining puree in a tightly covered jar in the refrigerator - it will keep for weeks - and serve it with crusty bread as an hors d'oeuvre.
- 1 lb green beans, washed and trimmed
- 1 cup black oil-cured olives, pitted (Kalamata)
- 8 flat anchovy fillets, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, cut into wuarters
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade, puree the olvies, anchovies, garlic and capers to a smooth paste.
- Add the oil in a steady stream until the mixture is smooth.
- Transfer to a container, cover tightly and refrigerate.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil, add the beans, and cook for 5 minutes or until the beans are tender but still have some bite.
- Drain them and transfer to a bowl.
- Add the some tapenade (to taste), toss the beans to coat them evenly, and serve at once.