Recipe by Bren.Mannin
You will never know these brownies main ingredient is a can of black beans. Store in the fridge because they will ferment and get nasty if not eaten after a few days.
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, fitted with a steel blade, pruee the beans until smooth. In a saucepan, melt butter and chocolate. Then add to bean mixture and process 30 seconds. Add remaining ingredients, except for the nuts, to the bean mixture. Turn on food processor and blend 1-2 minutes. The mixture should be smooth and all ingredients well combined. Batter will be thin. Blend in nuts with a spoon.
- Pour the batter into a lightly oiled 8"X11" brownie pan and cook 20 minutes.
- For thicker brownies use 9"X9" pan and cook 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven when a knife inserted into the center of brownies comes out clean.