Zingerman's Magic Brownies
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
from Midwest Living
- Ready In:
- 13 tablespoons butter
- 6 1⁄2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 1⁄2 cups cake flour or 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup coarse chopped walnuts, toasted
- Grease a 13x9x2 inch baking pan. Preheat oven to 325.
- In a heavy small saucepan, heat the butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring, till chocolate is melted and smooth; set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar with an electric mixer on high speed for 5 minutes or till light yellow and fluffy, scraping side of the bowl occasionally.
- Add cooled chocolate mixture and vanilla. Beat on low speed until combined. Add flour mixture; beat on low speed until combined, scraping sides of bowl. Stir in walnuts.
- Spread batter in pan. Bake 30 minutes or until brownies appear set. Cool in pan on wire rack; cut into bars.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION