Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Saw this in USA Weekend and it looked easy and delicious! It's from Ellie Krieger.
- 14.79 ml canola oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 453.59 g ground turkey
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- 14.79 ml chili powder
- 425.24 g can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 793.78 g can fire-roasted tomatoes, crushed with juice
- 118.29 ml chicken broth
- 59.14 ml sour cream, reduced fat
- 59.14 ml cilantro leaf
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook till softened. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add turkey and cook till done. Stir in the bell pepper, jalapeno pepper and chili powder and cook 1 minute.
- Add the peas, tomatoes and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer, stirring a few times, for about 20 minutes.
- Serve topped with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle of cilantro leaves.