This is from the latest Taste of Home issue. This is a really moist cake that is so good we ate the whole thing in less than two days. I used the buttery version of white cake mix and regular cherry yogurt and regular whipped topping since I don't like low-fat desserts too much.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 egg whites
- 2 (6 ounce) cartons fat free reduced-sugar cherry yogurt, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, water, oil and egg whites just until moistened.
- 2Beat this cake mixture on low speed for 2 minutes.
- 3Fold one carton of yogurt into the cake mixture.
- 4Pour cake mixture into a 13-in x 9-in x 2-in baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- 5Bake cake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 6Cool on a wire rack.
- 7Fold yogurt into whipped topping.
- 8Spread whipped topping mixture over cooled cake.
- 9Store in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Cherry Cake
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.4
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 245.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 19.0 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat free reduced-sugar cherry yogurt
frozen fat-free whipped topping