Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great combo bar cookie - cake
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 10 ounces flour
- 8 3⁄4 ounces sugar
- 2 ounces unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄2 ounces vegetable oil (canola)
- 1⁄2 ounce white vinegar
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- Grease a 9 x 13 cake pan and preheat oven to 350.
- Topping: Mix cream cheese, sugar and salt in a mixer with paddle attachment.
- Add egg and beat until fluffy.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Remove to a bowl and clean mixer.
- Base: Sift dry ingredients together and put in mixer bowl.
- Mix liquid ingredients together, add to mixer and beat until fully incorporated.
- Assembly: spread base into cake pan until level.
- Drop teaspoonsfull of topping uniformly over base.
- Swirl topping into base with a knife.
- Bake about 20-30 minutes until a tester comes out clean.
- When testing doneness, make sure you test in a place where there are no chocolate chips.
- Cool and cut into squares.
I had requested this recipe for my brother and he loved it!! Thank you MC