Mrs. Doeinck's Note:
This is a wonderful black bean dish. My husband and I enjoy this, especially when it's cold out. This is also good for you! Serve with chips and salsa for a complete meal
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion (1 medium onion)
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper (1 large)
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1Prepare brown rice according to package directions.
- 2While brown rice is cooking heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- 3Add onion and bell pepper; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- 4lAdd garlic; cook 1 minute.
- 5Add water and next 7 ingredients; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 6Place 1/4 to 1/2 cup rice in bowls and top with bean mixture. Sprinkle each serving with 1 tbsp cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Beans and Rice With Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.1
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 601.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.2 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 17.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat cheddar cheese