Recipe by November Gale
I created this chili recipe for a healthier version using ground turkey instead of beef. My family is not fond of kidney beans so I replaced them with black beans. I added corn for slight sweetness and color. It turned out to be a healthy, easy to prepare, tasty and good looking chili!
Top Review by helowy
I added a tsp of cumin, and only used 1 tsp of regular salt, and 1/2 tsp tabasco sauce, but otherwise stuck to the ingredients pretty exactly, using a 28 ounce can of tomatoes with their juice, and a can of black beans, rinsed and drained. I cooked the chili in a crock pot on low for about 7 hours. We all enjoyed it with a side of corn bread.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup water
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 15 ounces black beans
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a pot that accommodates at least three quarts, fry the ground turkey, onion and garlic until the turkey is no longer pink. Drain off and remove any excess grease from the fried turkey.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for at least 30 minutes. Enjoy with a dollop of sour cream on top!