I saw this recipe on Delish.com and decided to try it because I had everything on hand. I did add 1 shredded carrot not called for in their recipe. Using their nutrition info my Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator gave this 1 point per 1 cup serving. This is a really yummy and healthy soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large saucepan, heat oil and saute carrots and onion until soft (about 2-3 minutes).
- 2Add chili powder and cumin and cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- 3Add black beans, water, salsa and salt and heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat and stir in lime juice.
- 5Transfer half of soup to a blender and puree.
- 6Return the puree to the other half of the soup.
- 7Serve with sour cream and cilantro if desired.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (393 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.5
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 389.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.4 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 13.8 g