Recipe by VA
I saw this recipe on Delish.com and decided to try it because I had everything on hand. I did add 1 shredded carrot not called for in their recipe. Using their nutrition info my Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator gave this 1 point per 1 cup serving. This is a really yummy and healthy soup.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 (14 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- sour cream (optional)
- cilantro, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan, heat oil and saute carrots and onion until soft (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add chili powder and cumin and cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Add black beans, water, salsa and salt and heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in lime juice.
- Transfer half of soup to a blender and puree.
- Return the puree to the other half of the soup.
- Serve with sour cream and cilantro if desired.