- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained or 4 cups freshly cooked black beans
- 1 ripe olives, sliced, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded & chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups pasta, cooked, orzo
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- Mix beans, olives, tomatoes, onions and cilantro in large bowl.
- Mix oil, lime juice, cumin, pepper and salt; toss with bean mixture. Stir in pasta.
- Let stand for 1 hour to blend flavors.
- Serve at room temperature as a side dish or on spinach
I love orzo but all of the salads recipes I have use cheese and I wanted one without. This one was excellent, I really liked the black beans with the orzo. I like keeping something in the frig for eating on the run and this was great for that, it kept well and was a great snack for between errands.
This is an excellant salad. My husband has diabetes and I'm always looking for healthy foods for a variety in his diet. This has excellant flavor with the Cilantro in it along nice texture variety with Orzo, tomatoes etc. I wouldn't make any changes to the recipe as it is excellant as is.
This was just okay for me, but I left out the olives, since we don't like them. The texture was perfect though.