Orzo and Black Bean Salsa Salad
A southwestern pasta salad that is really easy to throw together. Orignially from the Veggie Life Summer '03 magazine.
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces orzo pasta
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1⁄2 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup salsa, mild to medium-hot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro (or to taste)
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Cook orzo according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse well.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Toss to mix well.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Very good salad. Used store-bought salsa and next time I will use self-made as we wanted it a little hotter. Used just a pinch of salt and about four turns of the pepper mill. Took some of it for lunch at work and of course it had to be tasted. Only positive sounds and could they please have the recipe. The salad is easy to make, tasty and highly recommended. Made for PAC Spring '08. Thanks for posting.Reply
see 3 more