Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Cost per serving: $ 3.48. This Black Bean, Corn and Shrimp Salad is bursting with fresh and tasty flavors, and takes little time to prepare. This perfect weekday meal can be altered any way you like, depending on your preferences and what you already have in your kitchen. Try swapping shrimp for grilled chicken or black beans for chickpeas.
Top Review by agileangus
Yummy! The only changes I made: I added cilantro, since I love it, I grilled the shrimp, and did not use lettuce. The tortillas were a nice touch. I would probably add another 1/2 tsp. of cumin next time.
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas, cut into wedges
- 2 ears corn, shucked
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 scallions, white and light green parts, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3⁄4 lb deveined shrimp, peeled, cooked, chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F Spread tortilla wedges on 1 or 2 large, ungreased baking sheets and bake until crisp, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cut kernels off ears of corn into a large bowl (you should have about 1 1/2 cups). Add beans, avocado, tomatoes, scallions, cumin, olive oil, lime juice and shrimp and toss gently to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange lettuce on a serving plate, spoon shrimp salad on top and serve with tortilla wedges.