Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a delicious black bean dip, healthy and made with good carbs. So good you may want to double the batch!
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed, drained and mashed
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile (McCormick brand)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- Drain and rinse black beans. Mash with a potato masher.
- Combine beans, sour cream, tomato paste, chipotle chile pepper and cumin. Refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Garnish top of dip with onion, tomato and cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips.
- If you like a spicier dip, add some cayenne pepper to taste.
Yum! I have eaten almost the whole thing in 2 days! I added some onions, tomatoes and cilantro into the dip. Used my food processor to mash the beans. Probably will add more chipotle next time. Tastes great with Fritos!
well this was a little sweet for me ( next time i will use less tomato paste) but noone else seemed to think so and it didnt last long AT ALL people couldnt stop raving about it - i'm glad i doubled it.. it doesnt make much.. but it is good. i also served it with cheese and avacado chunks.. rated favorite dip at the party! i used 2 chipotle chiles in sauce and that gave it good heat and i didnt quite double the sc and paste. thanks i love black bean dips
This was a test-run for the holidays, and I plan on making this again for certain! the only change I made was I added in some fresh garlic, great recipe Pam! thanks, Kitten:)