This is a delicious black bean dip, healthy and made with good carbs. So good you may want to double the batch!
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed, drained and mashed
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile (McCormick brand)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- Drain and rinse black beans. Mash with a potato masher.
- Combine beans, sour cream, tomato paste, chipotle chile pepper and cumin. Refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Garnish top of dip with onion, tomato and cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips.
- If you like a spicier dip, add some cayenne pepper to taste.