Jalapeno & Bacon Hush Puppies With Chipotle Dip
photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and finely minced
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3⁄4 cup self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 small onion, grated
- 1⁄4 cup chives, chopped
- 2 cups sour cream, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- peanut oil, for frying
- Preheat oil in a deep-fryer or Dutch oven to 350 degrees F.
- In bowl, combine bacon, jalapeno, cornmeal, flour, cayenne, paprika, onion, chives, 1 cup sour cream, egg and cheese.
- Mix well to combine.
- Drop heaping tablespoon-sized amounts of the mixture into the hot oil. Fry in batches for 2 to 3 minutes each.
- Remove from the oil to paper towels to drain and season immediately with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a serving platter or bowl and serve with the dip.
For the dip:
- Combine remaining cup of sour cream, Chipotle Tabasco, and lime juice and zest. Mix well to combine.
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>As of 6-14-2013 DH will be completing his tour in Trinidad, which has been a wonderful adventure; and returning home to Dayton, WA. We'll miss all our friends and time there, but looking forward to enjoying home life on the ranch for awhile, while we see what the next adventure might bring.</p> 8726453"