Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a recipe you can make from your pantry or food storage. I used ideas I liked from different recipes and then tweaked to use pantry items. It uses healthier add-ins of grains and vegetables instead of the usual bread crumbs and eggs. It’s also a good “kitchen sink” recipe where you can throw in any vegetable (mushrooms, corn, grated carrots) or grain (rice, soaked wheat) that you fancy.
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1⁄4 cup quick oats
- 2 tablespoons dehydrated tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dehydrated onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dehydrated garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- Prepare and cook black beans (or use canned). Soak dehydrated items to rehydrate and carefully drain. Mash black beans and mix in all but cornmeal. Shape into patties and dredge in cornmeal. Fry or grill.