Another keeper from my displaced Cajun friend, Erin.....the Andouille adds a little Louisiana flavor....and as Erin and I both know, almost everything is better with a can of Rotel!
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 3⁄4 cup celery, diced
- 3⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 3⁄4 lb andouille sausage, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups chicken broth (reduced sodium is preferable)
- salt & pepper
- fresh cilantro, chopped for garnish
- sour cream (optional)
- In slow cooker, combine all ingredients except salt, pepper, cilantro and sour cream. Mix well, cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with cilantro and sour cream if desired.
Great!! Thanks so much for posting! I had venison sausage and a ton of dried black beans and I ended up here. I didn't have Rotel so I did smashed tomatoes and added a jalapeno. I let these goods sit in the crock pot, aka my lover, for 8.5 hours and the masterpiece was served. Thanks for sharing a bit of your skills ;)
My DH was in heaven last night ~ made this for our dinner and served over a small amount of brown rice. The black beans cooked up nicely with the celery, onion and red peppers (I added 1/2 large red bell, diced fine) and the andouille sausage, cumin and bay leaves added a most flavorful boost to the vegetables. I used about a tablespoon of dried cilantro, and added while cooking. This was a WONDERFUL dish, thanks FolkDiva, made for ZWT5, Bodacious Brickhouse Babes.
Made just written. Nice soup. Next time may use peppers instead of the celery. Made for ZWT5, Dining Daredevils