Recipe by FolkDiva
Another keeper from my displaced Cajun friend, Erin.....the Andouille adds a little Louisiana flavor....and as Erin and I both know, almost everything is better with a can of Rotel!
Top Review by 932ninja
Great!! Thanks so much for posting! I had venison sausage and a ton of dried black beans and I ended up here. I didn't have Rotel so I did smashed tomatoes and added a jalapeno. I let these goods sit in the crock pot, aka my lover, for 8.5 hours and the masterpiece was served. Thanks for sharing a bit of your skills ;)
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 3⁄4 cup celery, diced
- 3⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 3⁄4 lb andouille sausage, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups chicken broth (reduced sodium is preferable)
- salt & pepper
- fresh cilantro, chopped for garnish
- sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In slow cooker, combine all ingredients except salt, pepper, cilantro and sour cream. Mix well, cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with cilantro and sour cream if desired.