Made this as part of the "pickies" I had out for Mother's Day this year, mostly from ingredients I had on hand. This is delicious with tortilla or pita chips. I have also been taking the leftover with me to work, served over a bed of greens. All spice measurements are approx. I did them all "to taste".
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can white corn
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- Toss all the ingredients in bowl.
- Add lime juice.
- Add spices to taste.
- Chill and serve!