Yet Another Black Bean and Corn Salsa
This is a must for any extended family get-together when I double the recipe. I also like this as an accompaniment to grilled chicken or on top of a baked potato. Quick and tasty! (Can sizes are an estimate b/c I don't have them on hand.)
- Ready In:
- 2 (8 ounce) cans Rotel tomatoes & chilies (I use "regular" as opposed to "mild" or "hot")
- 1 (14 ounce) can Mexican-style corn
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies (optional)
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- garlic powder, to taste
- chili powder, to taste
- cumin, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- dried cilantro, to taste (if you dont use fresh)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Except for one can of the Rotel tomatoes, drain canned vegetables.
- Mix together all ingredients, making sure spices are well blended in the veggies.
- Cover and refrigerate, allowing flavors to blend.
- Serve with chips, on baked potatoes, with grilled chicken, on tacos and burritos, or anyway you can think of!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Amazing recipe and very easy! I have made it several times, usually exactly as written except I frequently use one 14 oz can of tomatoes and 1 8 oz can, I like the extra tomato, and I also tend to mix regular corn with a little bit of fresh chopped red and green bell pepper instead of buying the Mexican corn at the store. That's only because regular corn is cheaper and I can use the rest of the bell pepper for other recipes though :) Thanks for posting this! Love it!3Reply