Recipe by Manami
It seems as if my best friend, Judy, with whom I grew up, has been surfing the net and landed on the Godiva web site, too. I had this cheesecake at her house and we all sat there in quiet silence after an evening of sheer decadence. This was recipe was the last straw! I haven't allowed for chilling and cooling times - it is approximately 24 hours.
Top Review by Juenessa
I had this cheesecake at a friend's house too. I love a good cheese cake and this hit the spot. It was rich, creamy and wonderful! I loved the contrast between the chocolate crust and the white chocolate filling. Thanks for posting this fantastic recipe, DiScharf!
CHOCOLATE WAFER CRUST
- 2 1⁄2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
WHITE CHOCOLATE FILLING
- 5 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 3⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 5 (1 1/2 ounce) Godiva ivory chocolate bars, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons rum or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 (1 1/2 ounce) Godiva dark chocolate bars, coarsely chopped
- chocolate curls (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- MAKE CHOCOLATE CRUST:.
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Tightly wrap outside of 11" springform pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Mix together cookie crumbs and sugar in bowl.
- Add melted butter and stir until combined.
- Press mixture evenly into the bottom and sides of prepared pan.
- MAKE FILLING:.
- Beat cream cheese in mixing bowl until creamy, using electric mixer at medium speed.
- Gradually add sugar and beat until blended.
- Add vanilla and flour, mixing just until combined, at low speed.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add yolks and half-and-half, beating until smooth.
- Stir in chopped solid ivory.
- Pour mixture into crust and smooth out top.
- Bake for 2 hours or until firm.
- Turn off oven and leave cheesecake in oven with door propped open for 1 hour or more.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 1 hour.
- Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- MAKE CHOCOLATE GLAZE:.
- Place corn syrup, water, butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook until butter is melted and mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Add chopped chocolate and rum or rum extract and let stand 30 seconds.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Loosen edge of cheesecake with knife.
- Remove cake from springform pan.
- Spread chocolate glaze over top of cheesecake.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes to set glaze.
- Garnish with chocolate curls, if desired.
- Cut wedges and serve.