Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
The "black" means blackened like cajun/creole and the blue is the cheese. This recipe was inspired by a menu item on a couple of local restaurants.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- blue cheese, sliced or crumbled
- 3 hamburger buns
- Dijon mustard (optional)
- sliced tomatoes (optional)
- lettuce (try Boston lettuce) (optional)
- garlic ketchup (optional)
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Mix together the cajun spice and the ground beef.
- Form into 3 patties.
- Grill on a hot grill about 5 minutes per side (do not squeeze the juices out with your spatula!).
- During the last minute of cooking on the second side, place blue cheese on the burgers and allow to get soft and creamy.
- At the same time, toast the buns about 1 minute.
- Garnish as desired.