Recipe by bungalowten
This bisquick coffee cake recipe is one of my favorites. It used to be on the back of the Bisquick box, but they replaced it a few years ago. I'm posting it here not only to share it, but as a backup in case I lose my recipe card :)
Top Review by lareinerouge
I love this recipe! I always double the topping and score it really deep or it can be a bit dry and floury tasting. I also like to mix up a simple glaze just using leftover-from-the-pot or fresh coffee and powdered sugar and then drizzle it over the top, adds a ton of flavor!
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 2⁄3 cup water or 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup Bisquick
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a deep pie plate, 8"x8" square pan, or 9"x9" square pan.
- Mix dough ingredients and put in baking dish.
- Mix topping ingredients with a fork or pastry mixer until crumbly.
- Spread topping mix over dough and drag a butter knife across like you were making a tic-tac-toe board several times.
- Bake for 25 minutes.