Old Bisquick Streusel Coffee Cake Recipe
This is what used to be on the Bisquick box. This old recipe is moister and has a better topping (if you like gooey crannies) than the recipe on the box now (2008). For my family this is "Grandma's coffee cake" which she makes by the yard when we are together. It is easy to double (and we often do this) and then cook in two round pans. A doubled recipe can also be cooked in a larger rectangular pan (not sure of the cooking time though - sorry)
- Ready In:
Coffee cake batter
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 2⁄3 cup milk or 2/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil (old variation)
- 1 egg
Old style struesel topping
- 2 tablespoons Bisquick
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter (better with butter) or 2 tablespoons hard margarine (better with butter)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Grease 9-inch round pan.
- Make Cinnamon Streusel; reserve. (my sister often doubles this recipe so that there is lots of topping).
- Stir coffee cake batter ingredients until blended.
- Spread in pan.
- Sprinkle with Cinnamon Streusel.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let sit a few minutes and then serve warm with butter and lots of milk or coffee.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I used 2 make this in 1992-1994 and my son loved it. Recently he asked me 2 make it for him and I couldn't remember the recipe. The Bisquick box no longer has it! Thank goodness that I found it. The recipe is so delicious and easy to make. I will make it again tomorrow. Thanks to everyone for sharing.3Reply