Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe years ago on the back of a box of Bisquick. It's very fast and easy to throw together; combine those two assets with tasty and you've got a winner in my book.
- Blend all of the coffee cake ingredients.
- Beat vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Spread into greased 9" layer pan or 8" square pan.
- For topping, blend all topping ingredients with fingertips until crumbly.
- Spread topping on coffee cake.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
This coffee cake brings back great memories of my aunt. Whenever we went to visit she had the coffee cake made and waiting - the topping was always a surprise =- it was whatever fruit she had on hand mixed with the recipe topping. Yummy! I'm going to make this for my husband today and think of my Aunt. Rest well, Aunt T - your hospitality and love live on!
Glad to find it! I pulled out the bisquick box and was shocked it wasn't on there! I added the apples and baked it for 20 minutes. I probably should have cooked it for only 18-19 minutes, the crust was really browning.
This was one of the first recipes I ever made as a young adult. I was 17 years old and still in high school. Today, I am 60 years old and still make this coffee cake for my four granddaughters. It is one of their favorites, too!