Everyday Coffee Cake (Microwave)
This is a delicious and easy coffee cake that my mom used to make frequently when I was younger! It's so simple to whip it up and toss it in the microwave! I've also made this using reduced fat Bisquick, applesauce in place of the oil, and Egg Beaters in the batter to make it a little healthier, and it still tasted fabulous.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk biscuit mix (Bisquick)
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk biscuit mix
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- In mixing bowl, stir together 1 1/2 cups biscuit mix and white sugar.
- Add 1/2 cup milk, egg, and oil.
- Beat by hand, mixing well.
- Pour into greased 8-inch round dish.
- Blend 1/3 cup biscuit mix, brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over batter and sprinkle with nuts.
- Microwave on HIGH for 5-7 minutes. (6 minutes always works perfectly in my microwave.).
- Cool 15 minutes; drizzle with fine glaze.
- Serve warm.
- Glaze: Stir together confectioner's sugar and 1 Tbsp milk.
- From tip of spoon, drizzle glaze over cake in spoke fashion.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
If I could, i'd give this 4 and a half stars. Its delicious, and tastes sort of like cornbread with sweet goodness ontop. I had to eyeball the amount of oil I added. Also, I added 1/2 a teaspoon of vanilla to the glaze because I cant handle the raw sugar taste. I didn't have cinnamon so I sprinkled a little bit of pumpkin pie spice over the top. It's delicious! I'm on my 3rd piece. Oh yeah, I used a 8x8 glass square dish! :) <br/><br/>Happy Baking!
I am gonna give this a whirl in the AM. My oldest doesn't like chocolate, and I made microwave brownie pudding cake tonight. And to my vegan friends. Bisquick is not vegan. It has dairy, and eggs in it. The reduce fat Bisquick has been said to be vegan but double check. (Sometimes companies change formulations.) However, Veganista's sub is a perfect alternative.
This coffee cake was really good and I loved that it was made in the microwave! I used a 7-1/2 inch round pyrex dish I had and it worked well. I forgot to try it with the egg substitute (next time :D)..... I did sub the oil in the batter with 2 heaping tablespoons of applesauce but I did use the butter in the topping. It was just a tad dry without the glaze, but with some tweaking for my microwave I am still very happy with the results and my family really liked it too. Thank you for this great recipe, we can't wait to have it again!