Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Swiss breakfast or really is eaten as a snack any time of day in Switzerland. The recipe is from the Atlantis Hotel in Zurich and noted on Graham Tinsley's website - he trained at the hotel. The recipe contains fresh fruit, berries and nuts which are laced with whipping cream. All the ingredients are left to stand overnight to allow the ingredients to release their flavours. The whipping cream can be substituted by natural yogurt. Caster sugar is very fine sugar - you can either whirl granulated sugar in a food processor or just add granulated sugar if you don't mind a bit of sugar crunch. I am not sure exactly how many this serves since the recipe did not list servings.
- 50 g oats
- 25 g caster sugar
- 25 g mixed nuts, chopped
- 236.59 ml canned peaches, chopped
- 150 ml milk
- 150 ml whipping cream
- 1 apple, coarsely grated with skin on
- 1 pear, coarsely grated with skin on
- 118.29 ml strawberry, any soft berry i.e. Strawberries, Raspberries, Blueberries, Currants
- Combine all ingredients together except berries and leave to stand over night in the fridge.
- Next day fold in the berries and serve.
Made this for breakfast for the 2 of us, with raspberries (great with the peaches), & portioned it out for 4 servings, giving is something for later in the morning as well! It was a bit smaller of a breakfast than we're used to, but we filled it out with small smoothies & slices of whole grain toast! Interesting breakfast, for sure! [Made & reviewed as a THANK YOU for playing with us in Please Review My Recipe during the recent tour]