Delicious potato soup using red potato's and lots of onion. It gets even better when the soup is refigerated overnight.
- Do not peel potatoes, cut them in 1 inch squares, set aside.
- Dice 5 carrots, no need to peel, set aside.
- dice onion and mince garlic.
- in large soup pan, sautee garlic and onion in oil or butter for aprox 5 minutes.
- pour vegetable broth into pan, add carrots and potatoes.
- wait until liquid comes to a boil, turn on medium-low and cook for 25 minutes or until both carrots and potatoes are done.
- blend half the soup mixture in blender or magic bullet, return to pan.
- Add cream or half-and-half, add basil, parsley and dill, salt and pepper. cook on low for 10-15 minutes.