- 3 lbs red potatoes, skin on and cubed
- 4 -5 garlic cloves
- 3 medium onions
- 5 carrots
- 9 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half or 1 1⁄2 cups cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Do not peel potatoes, cut them in 1 inch squares, set aside.
- Dice 5 carrots, no need to peel, set aside.
- dice onion and mince garlic.
- in large soup pan, sautee garlic and onion in oil or butter for aprox 5 minutes.
- pour vegetable broth into pan, add carrots and potatoes.
- wait until liquid comes to a boil, turn on medium-low and cook for 25 minutes or until both carrots and potatoes are done.
- blend half the soup mixture in blender or magic bullet, return to pan.
- Add cream or half-and-half, add basil, parsley and dill, salt and pepper. cook on low for 10-15 minutes.