Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you like donairs then this sauce IS the one you want... Trust me.
- 1 can evaporated milk, chilled
- 1 can condensed milk, sweetened,chilled
- 2 cloves garlic, minced very fine or 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Combine milks with onion powder and garlic together in a medium bowl.
- Add vinegar and stir just until mixture thickens.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
Really good. It makes a lot! It would be great if the size of the cans of evaporated milk and condensed milk were posted in the recipe ingredient list just for clarity's sake.
This tasted exactly like the sauce you would get in a donair shop! Highly recommended!!
I love Eastern Canadian Donairs! This sauce is so close to the real thing! Really good, especially after a day in the fridge to pick up more flavor of the garlic.