Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Originally a recipe in a package of flour tortillas, I have altered that recipe significantly. I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!
- 5 slices bacon, chopped
- 5 -6 ounces lean ground beef
- 4 ounces chopped sweet onions
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons barbecue sauce
- 1 dash liquid smoke
- 6 ounces baked beans or 6 ounces refried beans
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, or more to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin, or more to taste
- 1 dash red pepper flakes
- 4 large flour tortillas
- crumbled tortilla chips or tostados
- shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- Fry the bacon in a skillet until crisp.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Sauté the onions in the bacon fat in the same skillet until soft.
- Add the beef and continue sautéing until the beef is browned.
- Add the chili sauce, barbecue sauce, liquid smoke, cocoa powder, chili powder, cumin, beans and red pepper flakes.
- Stir gently until all ingredients are mixed thoroughly.
- Spoon ¼ of the mixture onto each tortilla and fold into burritos.
- Generously sprinkle shredded cheese and crumbled chips on top of each burrito.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 10 minutes, or broil, until the cheese is bubbling.
- Garnish with sour cream or guacamole, if desired.
- Serve with Mexican Rice and Taco Salad.
These were different from your average burritos. My husband and I really enjoyed them and we will make them again. We used refried beans and maybe sometime we'll try the baked beans. The only change we made was to use bacon bits. Oh, and notice that the recipe does not tell you when to add the bacon so, I added it to the meat mixture before putting it in my burritos.