Crock Pot Black Bean Burritos
photo by Melissa and her Pan
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 10mins
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 1 jalapeno chile, minced (remove the seeds and white ribs for a milder "hot", I omit this entirely for the kids)
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon tamari or 1 tablespoon other soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper
- In a nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray over medium heat, saute the onion, bell pepper and carrot about 5 minutes, until softened.
- Transfer the bell pepper, onions and carrot to the cooker, and add the garlic, corn, black beans, and jalapeno.
- Stir in the stock, tamari, and cilantro.
- Cook on Low for 4-5 hours.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
What can be easier to make than this? I doubled the recipe and, except for omitting the jalapeno (cooking for wide age range including grandchildren), followed it exactly. Very tasty. I preferred mine over rice (less messy to eat) but everyone else made burritos. I used the small amount of leftovers to make fancy nachos the next day. Yum!