1 hr 30 mins
Teddy's Mommy's Note:
I couldn't find one that sounded like mom made so I searched the internet and found this one, it's quite close. I found it at: http://www.knitting-and.com. It does not say how many it makes, so I am guessing on the quantity. It also does not say exactly how long to cook the meat so I am guessing there too :-(
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large skillet, salt and pepper the roast on both sides.
- 2Brown off roast on both sides.
- 3Add water to cover and braise on stove top or a 350 degree oven until well cooked.
- 4Set aside and cool.
- 5When cool, shred the beef and remove all fat.
- 6In another large skillet, sauté the onions and garlic until onion is almost golden brown.
- 7Add the shredded cabbage and cook until limp.
- 8Add salt, pepper and shredded beef to the cabbage mixture and let stand until cool.
- 9Cut the loaves into 4 sections each and let rise.
- 10Roll out each section into an 8 inch square.
- 11Place 2-3 tablespoons of filling onto the square and roll up, folding the sides in to form a tight seal.
- 12Set the Bierocks aside to rise again.
- 13Place the bierocks on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking oil and bake in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- 14If you like a crusty bierock, spray the rolls with water just as they begin to brown. This may be repeated during the browning process.
- 15Serve hot.
Nutritional Facts for Bierocks
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.5
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 80.4 mg
- Sodium 63.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 30.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen bread dough