Recipe by MizzNezz
From our former first lady. And it IS delicious!! Have had this recipe for years. It was in a little community cookbook. Wonder how they got it?? I serve this over rice.
Top Review by PurpleJAF
This was excellent! Even better the next day. This recipe is definitely a keeper. My picky hubby even liked it. I did leave out the sherry when making it, because I didn't have any. One review said they thought the sherry was too strong and I'm glad we left it out. Overall, GREAT recipe and very easy.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- 4 teaspoons oil
- 3 green peppers, cut in 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch (mixed in 4 T water)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut steak lengthwise in 1/2 inch strips.
- Heat oil in lg skillet.
- Fry steak a handful at a time only long enough to change color.
- Remove steak from skillet.
- Saute the green peppers.
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil in dutch oven.
- Add onion soup mix and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add steak and peppers.
- Simmer for 1/2 hour.
- Add soy sauce, salt, pepper and wine.
- Add cornstarch mixture and cook until just thickened.