Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is from Betty Crocker's Good and Easy Cookbook.
Make and share this Betty Crocker's Spicy Mexicali Drumsticks recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 2⁄3 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning mix
- 1 3⁄4 lbs chicken drumsticks
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- salsa, if desired
- Heat oven to 400.
- Grease rectangular pan, 13x9x2.
- Mix buttermilk and pepper sauce in medium bowl.
- Mix cornmeal and seasoning mix in large plastic bag.
- Dip chicken into buttermilk mixture, then shake in bag to coat with cornbread mixture.
- Place in pan & drizzle with oil.
- Bake uncovered 40 to 45 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
- Serve with salsa.
Very nice drumsticks!! love the taco taste and the pepper sauce in the buttermilk gave them a very nice twang with a little bite. I used skinless drumsticks with all visable fat removed. Worked very well and the timing was right on, cooked perfectly in 45 minutes. Thanks for sharing an easy, tasty chicken recipe.
These were so moist! The taco seasoning adds a distinctive taste. I ran out of cornmeal so substituted seasoned bread crumbs. I served this with easy baked potato wedges (49200) and dilly green beans (18400). A delightful meal.
Delightful! Did this for lunch the other day. My guest and I were both pleased. I used skinned and de-fatted thighs instead of legs and Kittencal's Super Homemade Taco Mix #76616 instead of the packaged stuff. Instead of drizzling the oil I sprayed the thighs with peanut oil from an pump-up oil sprayer.As long as I had the oven on I prepared Jenpo's 'Red Bliss' roasted potatoes and added them to the oven during the last 10 minutes. I served it all with cole slaw and a nice Sangria. Thanx for posting this great recipe. Pierre