Recipe by piranhabriana
This is from Betty Crocker's Good and Easy Cookbook.
Top Review by Derf
Very nice drumsticks!! love the taco taste and the pepper sauce in the buttermilk gave them a very nice twang with a little bite. I used skinless drumsticks with all visable fat removed. Worked very well and the timing was right on, cooked perfectly in 45 minutes. Thanks for sharing an easy, tasty chicken recipe.
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 2⁄3 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning mix
- 1 3⁄4 lbs chicken drumsticks
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- salsa, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400.
- Grease rectangular pan, 13x9x2.
- Mix buttermilk and pepper sauce in medium bowl.
- Mix cornmeal and seasoning mix in large plastic bag.
- Dip chicken into buttermilk mixture, then shake in bag to coat with cornbread mixture.
- Place in pan & drizzle with oil.
- Bake uncovered 40 to 45 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
- Serve with salsa.