Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 hrs
As we learn every year at Thanksgiving, turkey is the bird that keeps right on giving. It yields plenty, and costs less per pound than most meats. Use leftover herbed turkey in casseroles, soups and salads. Or slice it for turkey sandwiches. Wrap the breast tightly and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- 4 -5 lbs bone-in turkey breast, thawed if frozen
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- Spray 5-6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place turkey in cooker.
- Brush with honey mustard.
- Sprinkle with rosemary, thyme, basil, garlic pepper and salt.
- Pour broth around turkey.
- Cover and cook on Low heat setting for 7-8 hours.