Recipe by NahimehJoon
After my FH underwent emergency oral surgery I had to come up with a yummy dinner that would go down easy and be a snap to make with what I had in the fridge. A lovely, creamy treat that's complimented by gorgonzola.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
Great flavours, however, due to the potatoes turning green (from the avocado) I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable serving guests with this one. My hubby & I really enjoyed them though. Only changes I made was I cut back the salt & butter. Also substituted shredded feta for the cheese. I mixed it right into potatoes & then put into a casserole dish, sprinkled with essence spice (instead of pepper flakes) & cooked abit/kept warm in the oven till we were ready to eat.
- 9 small red potatoes
- 3 medium Hass avocadoes
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons plain fat-free yogurt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon horseradish
- 4 tablespoons gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash potatoes well and cut into small 1 inch cubes, leaving skin on (We prefer potato skins in our mashed potatoes, feel free to removed peels if you prefer a smoother texture.).
- Scoop out avocado flesh and place in a large kitchen mixer bowl along with lemon juice, garlic, pepper, salt, margarine, yogurt, and horseradish.
- Once potatoes have reach a boiled soft consistency, drain and discard water and add potatoes to ingredients in kitchen mixer bowl.
- Rough mash ingredients.
- Whisk rough mashed mixture at a medium speed until smooth.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp gorgonzola crumbles and 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper to each serving and enjoy!