1/2 Photos of Best Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce
Our family loves this vegan cheese sauce. We're not usually that excited with fake cheeses, but this one has been the exception. Tastes great over nacho chips, baked potatoes, in vegetarian tacos, etc. This recipe has helped us enjoy more vegan meals in our home. We got this recipe from our friend Connie Yroc after she shared this wonderful cheese sauce with nachos with our family one day. After almost losing the recipe last week I realized I must post it right away, because we make it so frequently! Hope you enjoy it. Thanks Connie!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak raw cashews for a few hours (this will help the sauce be more smooth and less grainy from the nuts though the flavor is good either way).
- 2Put 2 1/2 cups of water into a blender with all of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- 3Pour the blended mixture into a saucepan and add the remaining water.
- 4Heat the mixture in a saucepan for about 20 minutes.
- 5Stir continually to prevent it from burning.
- 6Add water to desired consistency (optional).
- 7Use as a nacho cheese dip or as a replacement for cheese on other yummy foods!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Vegan Nacho Cheese Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 98.7
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 356.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 4.2 g