Recipe by Enjolinfam
Our family loves this vegan cheese sauce. We're not usually that excited with fake cheeses, but this one has been the exception. Tastes great over nacho chips, baked potatoes, in vegetarian tacos, etc. This recipe has helped us enjoy more vegan meals in our home. We got this recipe from our friend Connie Yroc after she shared this wonderful cheese sauce with nachos with our family one day. After almost losing the recipe last week I realized I must post it right away, because we make it so frequently! Hope you enjoy it. Thanks Connie!
- 828.06 ml water
- 473.18 ml raw cashews
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 3.69 ml paprika
- 4.92 ml garlic powder (heaping)
- 4.92 ml onion powder (heaping)
- 14.78 ml salt
- 198.44 g can pimientos (including the liquid)
- 118.29 ml nutritional yeast (not brewers yeast!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak raw cashews for a few hours (this will help the sauce be more smooth and less grainy from the nuts though the flavor is good either way).
- Put 2 1/2 cups of water into a blender with all of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour the blended mixture into a saucepan and add the remaining water.
- Heat the mixture in a saucepan for about 20 minutes.
- Stir continually to prevent it from burning.
- Add water to desired consistency (optional).
- Use as a nacho cheese dip or as a replacement for cheese on other yummy foods!